工綜521室 / Engineering Building, Room 521
2003.9 - 2009.12 Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA M. Phil., M. S., and Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering Area of Specialization: Soft Condensed Matter Physics
1999.9 - 2001.6 National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan M. S. in Applied Mechanics (summa cum laude) Area of Specialization: Fluid Mechanics
1995.9 - 1999.6 National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan B. S. in Physics
經歷 / Professional Experiences & Services
2014.8 - Present National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan Assistant Professor Department of Mechanical Engineering
2011.4 - 2014.7 Osaka University, Osaka, Japan Specially Appointed Researcher Department of Mechanical Science and Bioengineering
2003.9 - 2010.9 Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA Research Assistant and Research Scientist Department of Mechanical Engineering
榮譽 / Honors
2004 Mildred Jordan Tuttle Fund Fellowship, Yale University, USA 2001 Inducted into Phi Tau Phi Scholastic Honor Society, Taiwan
學會 / Society Memberships
簡單液體之理論與數值模擬 Theory and Numerical Simulations of Simple Liquids
(Underlined names indicate corresponding authors. All papers are peer-reviewed.)
1. G. J. Gao, Corey S. O’Hern and S. Ogata, “Evolutionarily designing the least obstructive
hopper”, (in preparation).
2. G. J. Gao, Y. Wang and S. Ogata, “Configuration and dynamics in binary mixtures with
tunable composition and stiffness under shear”, (in preparation).
3. G. J. Gao, Y. Wang and S. Ogata, “Studying the elastic properties of nanocrystalline copper using a model of randomly packed uniform grains”, Computational Materials
Science, 79, 56 (2013).
4. Y. Wang, G. J. Gao and S. Ogata, “Atomistic understanding of diffusion kinetics in
nanocrystals from molecular dynamics simulations”, Physical Review B, 88, 115413
5. Y. Wang, G. J. Gao and S. Ogata, “Size-dependent transition of deformation mechanism,
and nonlinear elasticity in Ni3Al nanowires,” Applied Physics Letters, 102, 041902 (2013).
6. G. J. Gao, “Theoretical and computational studies of small jammed systems”, Ph. D.
Dissertation, Yale University, New Haven (2009).
7. G. J. Gao, J. Blawzdziewicz, C. S. O'Hern and M. Shattuck, “Experimental demonstration
of nonuniform frequency distributions of granular packings”, Physical Review E, 80,
8. G. J. Gao, J. Blawzdziewicz and C. S. O'Hern, “Geometrical families of mechanically
stable granular packings”, Physical Review E, 80, 061303 (2009).
9. G. J. Gao, J. Blawzdziewicz and C. S. O'Hern, “Enumeration of distinct mechanically stable disk packings in small systems”, Philosophical Magazine, 87, 425 (2007).
10. G. J. Gao, J. Blawzdziewicz and C. S. O'Hern, “Frequency distribution of mechanically stable disk packings”, Physical Review E, 74, 061304 (2006).
研討會論文 / CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
1. G. J. Gao, J. Blawzdziewicz, and C. S. O'Hern, “Testing the equal-probability assumption for jammed particle packings”, Reports of the Institute of Fluid Science, Tohoku University, 19, 23 (2007).
地址：台灣台北市106 羅斯福路四段1號工學院綜合大樓508室電話：(02)3366-2744 傳真：(02)2363-1755mail：firstname.lastname@example.org