自訂網頁 : hotlink
 
 
自訂網頁 : link_COMMUNITY
link_COMMUNITY
 
自訂網頁 : serch
 
Google站內搜尋器
 
History
  Department Timeline  
 
Years Event
1943 The Department of Mechanical Engineering was added to Taihoku Imperial University -- NTU's institutional predecessor during the Japanese colonial administration.
1945 Taiwan was liberated from the Japanese colonial administration, and the university was renamed National Taiwan University.
Professor Chih-Houng Lu served as the first department chair from December.
1948 Professor Jiu-Sheng Peng served as the second department chair from February.
1952Professor Chiao-Kuang Chung served as the third department chair from February.
1959 Professor Zu-Nian Jin served as the fourth department chair from February.
1962Senior students were grouped into two divisions: "Science" and "Engineering". The Science division focused on theory and provided the students with foundations for research; the Engineering division focused on practical applications and prepared the students for industrial jobs.
1965Professor Cheng-Yu Hsieh served as the fifth department chair from August.
1966 Student Machine Shop and Thermal Engineering Lab were established.
The graduate school was founded and granted Master of Science (MS) degree.
1974Professor Tung-Ying Weng served as the sixth department chair from August.
1976 The "Science" and "Engineering" divisions were canceled to encourage the students to develop a more balanced learning and skill sets.
1977Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program was established.
1979 Professor Shui-Shong Lu served as the seventh department chair from August.
1982 Institute of Materials Engineering was established.
Professor Shyan-Fu served as the eighth department chair from August.
1983 Professor Wen-Hon Cheng served as the ninth department chair from August.
1984Institute of Applied Mechanics with PhD program was established.
1986 Professor Wen-Jie Liang served as the tenth department chair from August.
1987Institute of Materials Engineering offered PhD program.
1988 The Bachelor of Science (BS) degree was modified to require completion of 87 mandatory credits and 28 elective credits.
1989Professor Yung-Ning Pan served as the 11th department chair from August.
1990 The College of Engineering Building, where the department is located now, was constructed and began its service.
1992Professor Shih-Tuen Lee served as the 12th department chair from August.
1995 Professor Hon So served as the 13th department chair from August.
1998Professor Ping-Hei Chen served as the 14th department chair from August.
2001 Professor Wen-Fang Wu served as the 15th department chair from August.
2004 Professor Jia-Yush Yen served as the 16th department chair from August.
Signed "Agreement on Co-Supervision of a Doctoral Thesis between The University of Joseph Fourier and National Taiwan University" with University of Joseph Fourier, France.
2005 Passed the IEET certificate on August 1
2007 Professor Han-Pang Huang served as the 17th department chair from August. - Signed "Agreement for Student Exchange Program" with the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Michigan, USA.
Signed "International Exchange Agreement" with Tohoku University, Japan.
2008 Signed "Memorandum of Understanding" with the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Korea University, South Korea, on February 18.
Launched departmental newsletters on March 28.
Signed "International Exchange Agreement" with Ilmenau University of Technology in Germany on July 21.
Professor Shuo-Hung Chang served as the 18th department chair from November.
2009Signed "International Exchange Agreement" with Institute of Mechanics, Moscow State University in Russia on November 27.
2010 Signed "Memorandum of Understanding" with School of Energy and Environment, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, on October 1.
2011 Professor Yao-Joe Yang served as the 19th department chair from August 1.
2017 Professor Mei-Jiau Huang served as the 20th department chair from March 1.